Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dye-Brite

Ohh my pretties! You fall from the rear ends of deer, hidden in the leaves of potato plants, and stuffed into random sacks of junk. Finding you is like finding a 20 bill stashed away in a forgotten pair of winter pants.

You let me know if I have already collected you. You turn my armor and town clothes into something that would be flamed on the red carpet, yet I love you with all of my three-year-old, loves to color heart!

A status symbol, yet almost no one can guess your real name. You shift tones as fast as a torch lighting or a cloud blowing across the moon. Ever changing. No where near all collected. I only wish that I could get some backup....


4 comments:

  1. I completely understand this. I haven't decided whether my Sylvari or Asura is going to collect a full swatch of colours yet. I'm leaning towards the Asura though. Mesmer just seems to fit the idea better, and the Asura of course would simply create his new colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made Sia my collector of the preciouses. And I will have to say that last nights run in Metrica Province netted a total of 10 dye with one being rare. Ruby is such a pretty color!
      Have you found any good dye drop areas?

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I'm still in the Human 1-17 areas but I seem to be getting about a dye a day. I was most fortunate to snag a Black Cherry though!

    I hadn't considered increased dye drops by location but will definitely have to keep a close eye on that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that the non-aggro mobs drop dye at a pretty good clip. *whispers* a moa had my celestial dye. So my advice it to kill them all. As for areas plants are the only node item that gives dye so collect all that you can. Not only does that help get more stuff so you can craft your own dye, but the exp is like icing on a ice cream cake.

      Delete